Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Lightly Coated Chocolate Covered Pretzels

We had left over Chocolate Almond Bark from making the Chocolate Covered Oreo Balls so we decided to make some Chocolate Covered Pretzels as well. Now I don't know about you, but I like to have my pretzels with a lighter covering of chocolate, so this was perfect for us. 


What You'll Need
1 bag Pretzels
1 Package Chocolate Almond Bark


Any type of pretzel you prefer is fine, I went with the mini twist style


Melt the Almond Bark in a small pot.
We actually just used the leftover Chocolate from our previous treat making of Chocolate Covered Oreo Balls, you can find that recipe here as well.

If you choose to go with strongly coated pretzels then you will need a good amount of Almond Bark, just dip the pretzels in the chocolate and remove. 
Since we only had a small amount of Almond Bark left over I poured a controllable number of pretzels into the pot and stirred them, getting a thin layer of chocolate on some and a thicker layer on others.


I then put the pretzels into a large bowl and repeated the step above until all the Almond Bark was gone.
Then in the large bowl I mixed all the pretzels for a few minutes. 
This caused all the pretzels to have a more even layer of chocolate.


Lay the pretzels on wax paper or as I did grease a baking sheet and lay them on that to dry.
If you use a thick layer of chocolate it is better to make sure that the pretzels have their own drying space so make sure to separate them a little. 
Since mine had a thin layer I was not worried about them sticking to each other so I just laid them out overlapping each other, then separated them as I put them on the serving tray. 
There were some that were stuck to each other pretty good, so I just left those doubled up.

This is a great treat of New Year's Eve, I especially like the thin layer of chocolate because then they are not as heavy or sweet. I also think it makes them a better finger food with the thin layer. But that's just my opinion.

Hope you all enjoy the treats!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE chocolate covered pretzels, my favorite is the white chocolate kind. I never thought to just make them on my own. Would be much cheaper than buying the pre-made bags which are 3 or 4 bucks each for a small bag. lol. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete