Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Cross-Stitch in Progress

I am currently working on a Baby Birth Record Cross-Stitch Pattern for my youngest son Cole.  I had been adding different blog posts with updates on my progress but have decided that it would be good to have them all together so that you all can veiw the progress in one look.  I hope you like the change and will check back periodically to see the status.  If you would like to see how to start a Cross-Stitch Pattern please refer to my post titled Starting a Cross-Stitch.



Here is the first color completed.  This is Dark Lime Green


Now I have added Light Lime Green.


I either misplaced a picture of one step here or forgot to take it. 
This is Light Dusty Green & Green.
 The Light Dusty Green is what filled in the grass on top and bottom.
Green is the darker shading around the Frog and Turtles.


Here is Dark Yellow.


Now you can see Fish starting to form with the completion of Orange.


Light Lavender was used to make up one of the Lilly Pads, part of a Teddy Bear (Frog is holding) and one of the Turtle shirts.


With the addition of Medium Blue it is really starting to come to life.
The swirl at the top will become a Snail.
I must have once again misplaced one of my pictures.  This also shows Yellow which completes one of the Turtle bellies, and the yellow flower.


Here is Light Pink.  The Small Hearts on the bottom will be Snails.
The Large Heart will stay a Heart.  I have also noted since completing this color that
I missed a spot.  There will be a larger Pink Heart at the top.
As I'm already working on another color I will come back to this a little later.


This is a close up so you can see the Light Blue.  It is around the Turtles Hat, and the specks on the Medium Blue Lilly Pad.



With the addition of Brown everything is starting to come together.  The spots at the bottom will become snails.


I had to add a close up of the top because I think it looks so cute lol.  The little Brown marks between the reeds will become dragonfly's.  Also I had previously missed the large Pink heart on the top but have now gone back and put it in.


Antique Gold fills in part of the turtle shell, around the hearts at the bottom and starts to fill in the centers of the reeds at the top.


Close up of Antique Gold


Pale Antique Gold completes the turtle shell, and the reeds on top.


Close up of completed turtle shell.


Close up of completed reeds.


Dark Lavender completes the shirt on the left turtle as well as the teddy bear in frogs arm and the snail shell on top.


Dark Aqua begins whirlpools in the water and dragonfly wings.


Light Aqua completes the whirlpools and dragonfly wings.


More updates will be added to this post as they are completed, so check back to see the progress.
Thanks.





No comments:

Post a Comment